SLIS Jobline Your Source for Professional, Pre-Professional, and Internship Positions

Various Opportunities, Guiding Ohio Online, AmeriCorps, Columbus OH

Guiding Ohio Online is a new AmeriCorps program looking for flexible, caring individuals committed to community service to deliver digital literacy training through computer classes, one-on-one computer assistance, outreach, and volunteer recruitment in rural Ohio libraries. There are both part time and full time positions available throughout Ohio. To learn more, watch our introductory video and visit our website at GuidingOhioOnline.org.

Here’s how to apply:

1. Consider, can I commit to 11 months of service? Does this program match my career goals?

2. See which libraries are participating.  If none are near me, am I prepared to move or travel?

3. Fill out an application on my.americorps.gov. The part time and full time member slots for Guiding Ohio Online are listed separately. Make sure you apply to the correct one.

4.  Next you’ll receive a supplemental application. Return this to Mandy Knapp ([email protected]) by Friday June 6th for first consideration.

As a librarian and a former AmeriCorps member, I can tell you that the AmeriCorps experience is an invaluable one that will teach you about yourself while gaining hands-on job skills.

Please feel free to contact Mandy Knapp ([email protected])  with any questions.